12.22.2010

Wednesday, 15 December 2010 19:06:19I Don't Care How Sick I Am It's Wrong To Eat Animals

She sat crying in a chair in her doctor's office. Her doctor told her, "You are hurting yourself. You are very, very, sick. Your hair is falling out, you are depressed and you are making yourself ill. You cannot go on like this." She kept right on eating, as she always had. An entire head of greens in her morning smoothie. Beans every day, tons of citrus fruits, tofu, nut pates, whole grains, sprouted grains, roasted
vegetables and stacks of vitamins. This was the diet that was supposed to make her healthy and save the world. This way the optimum way for humans to eat. (That's what the vegans told her.)
By her own admission, she was always hungry. It didn't matter how much she ate, she couldn't stay full for more than two hours. She just accepted that fatigue, exhaustion and growing depression were a
normal part of life. She wanted veganism to work; she wanted her ethics to outweigh her physiology.
Then, she found out that many prominent vegans weren't vegans "behind the scenes." They ate eggs, fish, meat, all to keep themselves healthy, but would not admit it in public. One noted  vegan cookbook author and another animal rights activist told her of their health struggles and of their return to eating meat and eating animal products. She still soldiered on, for three and a half years, believing that she was saving lives and that veganism was a shining light. Then, she ate some meat. "My first bite of meat, after years of veganism, was both the hardest and easiest thing I've ever done. Tears ran down my face, as saliva pooled in my mouth. The world receded to a blank nothingness and I just ate and ate and ate. I cried in grief and anger, while morning with pleasure and joy. When I took the last bite, I just sat back and waited to get sick. I had just devoured a hunk of dead animal, the most evil thing I could conceive of. Surely my body would reject this debasement and I would feel vindicated that I truly was meant to be a vegan." Instead, she felt profoundly joyful in finally listening to the wisdom of her body. "My face felt warm, my mind peaceful and my stomach full, but...I searched for a word to describe how it felt...comfortable. I realized, for the first time in months, that I felt satiated, but without any stomach pain. I had only eaten a small piece of cow flesh, yet I felt totally full, but light and refreshed, all at once. I reveled in the new and unexpected combination of sensations. How amazing it was not to need to eat for a solid hour, until my stomach stretched and distended over my pants, just to buy an hour of satiety.
Then, I noticed something else: My heart was beating slowly and steadily. Normally, after a typical meal of veggies, rice and beans,  or other starchy fair, my heart would race and skip for an hour or
so, afterward." The unnerving post meal palpitations were a sign of  blood sugar instability, caused by consuming massive servings of  carbohydrates." After two full months of non-veganism, all her health problems have disappeared. She is now sleeping soundly. Her stomach pains and bloating have vanished. Her allergies have diminished substantially. Warmth has returned to her hands and feet. Her depression has lifted. Her lower back pain has disappeared. Wrinkles on her face have vanished and her hair is thick and shiny. Her energy level is up, tenfold. I've said it before and I'll say it again, veganism is a health hazard, with vegeterianism not far behind. To get proof positive, all you need to do is listen to Prince Charles for ten minutes. (Not really scientific, but I think you get my point.)

https://www.favoriteformulas.com/?awt_l=7D9CN&awt_m=JZk.N0dczgZIrW

And by the way, how do you like these new TSA slogans? "We've handled more balls than Barney Frank." "Don't worry, my hands are still warm from the last guy." "We are now free to move about your pants." I'll be back tomorrow with more.

With my best wishes for your optimum health,
Dr. Bill

No comments: